Master Calendar


Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring 2012 Election Candidates

McKillop "Mick" Erlandson
My name is Mick Erlandson and I am from Vero Beach, FL. I graduated from Wake Forest University with a BA in Chemistry and History. After graduation, I moved to Washington, DC to learn more about public service. I worked for the U.S. Census, Congressman Anthony Weiner, and the Feldman Group, a Democratic Pollster which included clients like Obama for America.  I relocated to Miami for the sunshine and to pursue a career in Administrative Law.  As a Student Senator I hope to push for a more Tech friendly law school, and a more efficient system for student e-mail.

Jessica Gorra
My name is Jessica Gorra and I am running for 2L Senator! Currently, I serve as a 1L Senator and as Chair of the Senate Constitution, Bylaws, and Rules Committee. During my time as Senator and Chair, I have held meetings to discuss the Election Bylaws with students. Last month, the committee used students’ suggestions to draft an Election Bylaws Bill, which Senate approved! Among other changes, candidates may now campaign via Facebook and supporters may also help candidates campaign. As a 2L Senator, I hope to continue working with this committee and propose other bills.
Christine Job
My name is Christine Job and I am running for SBA President! I am extremely dedicated to UM Law and the SBA. I served as a 1L Senator and I sat on the campus-wide Dining Committee. As a 2L, I served both as Historian, creating the SBA blog and now as the appointed Secretary and Inter-Club Council President. I want to be President because I will bring passion, dedication and effective leadership to the position. As SBA President, I will work to strengthen the UM Law brand and to build enduring relationships between UM Law, the Miami legal community and the Miami community at large. VOTE FOR ME!  J   

Nefra-Ann MacDonald
My name is Nefra-Ann MacDonald, and I am running for SBA Vice President. I have served on the SBA this past year as a 2L Senator, and served on the Social and Philanthropy committee where I was able to write and pass two bills. If elected to serve on the executive board, I will devotedly serve the student body by making sure that in my capacity, the SBA is effectively and efficiently used to benefit the law school at large. I look forward to the opportunity to Elevate "U" in the coming year.

Melody Porter
Hey Fellow Canes! My name is Melody Porter and I would love to be your SBA President! Currently a 2L Senator, I hope to take the experience and knowledge gained from my current position and combine it with my excellent academic leadership skills. I have some great ideas and as a voice for the student body I hope to be able to express these ideas and effectively bridge the gap between the students and the administration.  I am always looking for new and creative solutions to the concerns I have heard voiced around campus and given the opportunity to be your SBA President, I will work to ensure your voice is heard! Thank you for your time! Most Sincerely, Melody.

Claire Rumler
As chairwoman and creator of the GreenU environmental initiative, I have consistently shown my dedication to improving this beautiful campus as well as my leadership abilities. If I am reelected, I will continue to work hard to make the law school more environmentally friendly by assisting in writing University policy, working with the administration to improve recycling efforts, and organizing activities like Earth Week and Water day. 

Frank Sardinha
Greetings UM Law! My name is Frank Sardinha, and it is an honor to run for SBA Senate. I was born and raised in Jupiter, FL and attended the University of Florida. Ever since arriving at UM Law, I have made it my goal to get involved and make a difference in the law school community. I am running to bring integrity, accountability and trust back into SBA. It is time for SBA to start working for the students and representing great ideas to ensure that UM Law continues to strive for excellence.

Genevieve Valle
My name is Genevieve Valle and I am running to become your SBA Vice President! During my time as a 2L Senator this year, I served as the chair of the Senate’s Public Relations Committee. I successfully increased student body participation at Senate meetings and SBA events, hosted events to allow students to meet their senators, helped with the SBA’s social media outreach, and pushed for transparency in the SBA. If elected, I hope to work with the executive board and the Senate to narrow the focus of SBA’s spending to events that create jobs for students. As the recipients of a generous budget, I believe the SBA could benefit students by using its funds to put on career fairs and networking events. I would further incentivize the SBA to meaningfully put its funds to use by proposing that any unused funds be reappropriated to provide a direct benefit for the students (i.e., tuition cuts, paying a portion of each student’s law school activity fee, etc.) If I am elected Vice President, I know that I can effect even more meaningful change around the law school campus. Please remember that on MONDAY, 3/26 and TUESDAY, 3/27 you have the power to vote for the candidate that you think is the best person for the job and I hope you will VOTE VALLE FOR VICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment